High Current Battery Disconnect Switches
Littelfuse is a global manufacturer of circuit protection, switches, relays, power distribution modules, and battery management systems for commercial vehicles. Heavy-duty truck, bus and off-road equipment manufacturers rely on Littelfuse to ensure their customer’s vehicles and machines perform under the harshest environments. We offer heavy-duty OEMs a diverse mix of standard and custom engineered solutions for their electromechanical switching, power control and circuit protection applications.
For additional circuit protection, Marsh offers a wide selection of EMI/RFI filter products designed to eliminate or control interference and noise in all stages of your product. Technical support and application assistance for special interference and noise requirements is available from Marsh’s manufacturers and our on-staff engineer. Our manufacturers also offer custom testing for your unique application.
Battery Disconnect Switch Selection is Critical to Equipment Reliability
Littelfuse expands our already diverse offering of battery switches with these new switches from Littelfuse Italy. Designed for a wide range of applications, configurations include amperages from 100A up to 500A, single pole or dual pole, and removable or fixed handles. Whatever your need, Littelfuse has a disconnect switch for you.
Commercial vehicle electrical systems are very demanding of batteries. Excessive drain happens even when the ignition switch is in the off position. There are several advantages to using a battery switch which include:
- Helps protect against electrical fires and theft when equipment is not in use
- Provide a reliable shutdown of power during maintenance to prevent injuries by the technicians when repairing electrical systems
- Protects against parasitic battery drain. By cutting off the battery with a master battery disconnect switch removes all parasitic loads and small leakage currents that kill a battery over time.
To find a switch that meets your needs, browse additional products, download technical documents, or look up ordering information, visit: littelfuse.com/switches
Light-Duty Switches, Single Pole
- Small Equipment/Indoor Equipment
- Golf Carts
High-Amp Single Pole
- Construction Equipment
- Recreational Vehicles
- Heavy Duty Trucks
High-Amp Dual Pole
- Off Road/Mining Equipment
- Agriculture Equipment
How to Select a Battery Switch
1. Determine your load
2. Decide on the number of circuits to be protected
3. Select environmental protection (if necessary)
Wire Leads: If your battery switch needs wire leads and termination. Marsh's Marvac Assemblines can provide a total battery switch solution.