Carling Technologies Inc is pleased to announce the addition of the 1-50 Amp PC-Series circuit breaker to its ground fault circuit breaker product portfolio.
The PC-Series is suitable for:
- AC branch ground fault protection – a single circuit solution
- AC main ground fault protection for a boat’s entire AC electrical system
- Portable generator ground fault protection
Key Benefits of the PC-Series:
- Increases safety around boats and marinas
- Protects against electrical shock hazards in areas near water
- Protects against defects in the wires & conductors
- Reduces fire and shock hazards from defects in permanently installed appliances such as water heaters, battery chargers, lighting fixtures, etc.
- Detects lower level ground faults which do not trip ordinary circuit breakers, but can lead to fires, and shock hazards for boating occupants
These precision mechanisms are temperature stable and are not adversely affected by temperature changes in their operating environment. As such, derating considerations due to temperature variations are not normally required, and heat-induced nuisance tripping is avoided.
- Overload, short circuit and ground fault protection in a single package
- Handle style actuators and rocker style “acuguard”
- Wiping Contacts – Mechanical linkage with two-step actuation – cleans contacts, provides high, positive contact pressure & longer contact life
- A trip-free mechanism, a safety feature, makes it impossible to manually hold the contacts closed during overload or fault conditions.
- A common trip linkage between all poles, another safety feature, ensures that an overload in one pole will trip all adjacent poles.
- Front panel mounting
- Integral push-to-test button
- Two integrated LED indicators distinguish if a breaker is closed with Line Voltage present, or has opened due to leakage current, or has opened due to over current, or is closed with no Line Voltage present.