Mounted on a NEMA enclosure, independent of the tower, or within the turbine nacelle, SEELOC — self-sealing washers are finding new applications for sealing doors and knockouts. For use wherever environmental internal seepage is problematic — when a common washer is unable to block contaminants, such as moisture, dust, sunlight, and ozone. SEELOC is a natural for green applications.
SEELOC® self-sealing washers are vibration-resistant, each having a silicone rubber section, molded and bonded to a stainless steel formed washer. These self-sealing washers are for use with regular screws, bolts or studs for sealing panels and enclosures having large or irregular clearance holes or slots, and can also be used to seal openings of protruded mounting holes. Self-sealing washers and fasteners are designed to seal out air, water, lubricants and other liquid or gaseous contaminants. Upon tightening, a seal is formed within the shank and threaded surface of the fastener as well as around the periphery of the washer face.
Features and Benefits:
- UL & CSA Recognized for NEMA 4x Type 6 Rating
- UL Tested
- IP 66/68 Rated
- Positive sealing under vacuum or pressure
- Install like a conventional washer
- Reusable & compatible with all surface finishes
- Metal-to-metal contact assures fastening and sealing integrity
- Optional seal materials – silicone rubber, BUNA-N, *Viton®, others
- Optional black oxide finish with black silicone rubber
- Uniform, high-strength design – exceeds 100psi internal & external
- Temperature range of -160°F to +500°F (-106°C to +260°C)
- Metric sizes available
- Made in USA